21 Juni 2009

Barely at home...

As I checked my post box at LH headquarter yesterday after the flight, I found a real surprise - they asked me to do another flight out of my free days, as they don´t have enough staff at the moment apparently. And the flight was to IKA, meaning Teheran. As it would have been impossible for me not to take my paraglider and have a flight in the incredible mountains above Teheran (which is of course totally inappropriate with the hot political situation at the moment), I asked them if it is possible to swap the flight with one to Tel Aviv.
I was lucky and now I´m looking forward to having some nice hours in the real summer. Back in Munich it is cold, rainy with some hail every now and then. Not flyable at all for at least a few more days.
All the best to my friends at the World Championships in Laragne - I heard they are also affected by bad weather and won´t probably be flying until Tuesday. Well, the Mistral means strong wind and turbulence, not necessarily rain, so plenty of time for kayaking, hiking, climbing...

Keine Kommentare: