23 Februar 2015

Big thanks!!!

I just finished my preparations and will take a first test flight tomorrow. Time to send a big thanks to a lot of people around the world for all their help on our way to get here. With all our gear, it is a major logistic event to move as much as we have to, from Germany to Mexico.
My glider in the box weighs almost 40kg, and I would not have been able to shift it around on my own, let alone to put it on or take it down from the bus that picked us up - lucky that I have really strong team mates who did not hesitate a second to jump in!
Achim´s friend Brenda who lives in Valle helped us to find phone cards, she prepared a huge fruit basket as a welcome and translates for us where needed. It is great to have such a good help, I think specially our team leader is very glad that he has such an organized, friendly girl at his side to help out!
 It is certainly a privilege to be part of our German national team for me, but it is a huge effort in terms of time, money and energy for every one of us too. If there were bezillions of money in our sport like in others, we would not have to worry and just have one hang glider in every country, personal assistants, physiotherapists, chef and all. But it is not - and so we are really dependant on others to help us when we travel, which is a humbling experience. So I thought it is time to send out a big Dankeschön, thanks, gracias, obrigada, merci, spassiba, takk, grazie, teshek kür, arrigato into all directions of the world - let´s have a great comp here together and remember - it is all for the mere fun and joy of flying!


Keine Kommentare: