02 November 2014

Canungra record: 8 days out of 8, I made 8th place!

We flew 70km on the last day of Canungra, except a very strong northerly stopped us all from getting to goal. Jonathan Kinred missed it by only 200m, I got around the 3 turnpoints and had another 9km to go.
Overall Jonny Durand won, with Blinky in 2nd and Jonathan in 3rd place, I finished 1st woman and 8th overall, which made me happy because I won a Jon Durand mug, the best in the world!
This year was record weather, we flew every single day! Thanks to Moyes for that fantastic race glider I had, thanks to Davo and his team for organizing this great event, thanks to Sue, Tim, Finn and Drew for sharing their space with me, big thanks  to my team Nils, RT and Craig for all your help and the fun (let´s do it again!), and thanks to Thea for your mental support! This was a groovy comp with a great finish party last night, sorry that I didn´t quite manage to post the final results timely, here they are.

Keine Kommentare: