Dave Gibbs explained that there are quite a lot of airspaces that we can´t use now, and he also handed out a map with no landing areas - more and more land owners have horses and don´t like us land anywhere near them. We will try our best to stay far away from any animals!
Ken Hill quickly set up task, safety and protest committee, and Blenky gave us a weather report which did not look too promising for today. We went up to Tamborine launch anyway, just to find a really strong, unpredictable north component in the wind. I have had plenty of north wind experiences from this site, and they were not pleasant. I had been voted into the safety committee, and together with Mick Jackson and Jason Kath, we recommended to cancel the day.
Only a couple of pilots set up and took off, and watching them I was glad I didn´t have to try. Tomorrow the front is hopefully through and we can fly on Beechmont. From Monday onwards, the forecast looks great for some long days of flying until the end of the week, so stay tuned!