03 Oktober 2015

Canungra Classic 2015

Results here
A family of the cutest little wallabies welcomed me at my friends place in Canungra when I arrived after a long trip around the world. I didn´t sleep al that well due to a major jetlag, and I was really glad that Jonny Durand had testflown and approved my glider, so it was no worries to just go from the airport straight to take off - Craig Taylor arrived at the same time in Coolangatta as Attila and me. Turned out I had been really lucky, as the day before the customs guys had been on strike and immigrations from overseas took many hours...
At the opening barbecue, I was glad that Judy, Linda and Shirley also catered great food for vegetarians! So good to see many friends I didn´t expect to be here - Paris Williams came over from NZ, Len Paton is here, Adam Stevens, Flocky, Trent, Blenky, Glen, Barnsey, Lisa, Attila... where do I stop? Lots of legends, and lots of really good friends - so much fun to fly with you guys!
The first comp day started with a Beechmont flight of 70km around Boonah T (Coulson) to scenic lake Moogerah. Having bombed out at that site for the first time ever last year, I was a bit nervous - luckily it was much easier getting up, and the height was plenty to go over the back on course. Thermals were more organized than the day before, so it was a pleasant flight.
Half of the 52 participating pilots made goal, also Nils and Craig from my team got there, with Nils even beating me by 3 minutes! The Euro training worked for them I guess ;) Blenky won the day ahead of Attila, Glen and Paris, I got in as 10th just 5 minutes after the first pilot.
With Alan we have the best driver you can imagine - he flies paragliders, knows the area, and is extremely helpful for his team!
Looks like good weather for the whole week, organizer Davo is already dreaming of some record flights on the last 3 days... we will see!



Keine Kommentare: