25 Mai 2014

Day 2 German Open: 109km around 3tp

Today the forecast was for possible overdevelopment, so the task was set shorter than yesterday. We had to fly up to Matrei and back to Radlberger Alm. The southerly turned into a northerly wind later, but at least the clouds stayed friendly.
I wanted to stay as high as possible today, as I expected some rough air around some cliffs and mountain tops. I wasn´t all that fast, as I kept stopping to top up height, but it worked and I got to goal in the end. My friend Evi from Bruneck visited us today and helped us with the car. First time she saw a hang gliding competition start!
Primoz won the day in Flex class and my adidas team mate Tim won rigid class again! I think I was fastest woman of the day.
At the moment it´s raining outside, for tomorrow there might be some storms in the early afternoon and probably stronger wind.
Results here.

Keine Kommentare: