27 Oktober 2012

Hangar 7 Salzburg: Felix, wecome back! - Party

Last night I met extraordinary people at Hangar 7 in Salzburg. Felix Baumgartner arrived back and he brought his whole team of the Stratos project and his family and friends over. Servus TV interviewed him and the team and on big screens they showed the most amazing moments of the successful record attempt.
I thought Felix is superbusy with all the wishes for autographs, he must have signed a million Red Bull cans by now, but he said, "Hey Corinna, don´t walk by!" and gave me a big hug. Speechless I just smiled at him and was aware how lucky we are that we are in such a privileged position to be able to turn our dreams into reality. I am very enthusiastic about anything that flies (as some of you might have figured out by now), so I followed the stages of Felix´ Stratos project from the very beginning, for years. I shared this huge curiosity of what would happen to the body at supersonic speed, how can you control and stabilize a fall in empty space without friction, which technology will be needed to transfer the photos and films live online...
It was a touching moment to meet Felix again, a mixture of being glad that he didnt get hurt, proud that he managed to break those incredible records, and just humble and thankful that we are supported by Red Bull for projects which are on the edge.
Also I had a chat again with Colonel Joe. He did a wonderful job keeping up communication, trying to get Felix to talk to him and run through the check lists. When Joe jumped his record more than 50 years ago, he only had 30 parachute jumps before. But the guys didn´t mention that he had been flying all sorts of planes for ages. He is the man with the largest number of type ratings Ive ever met, even more than Guido (he was at the Hangar as well).

Felix said he will accept Ban Ki Moon´s offer to become an embassador for the young generation, inspiring them to follow their passions and live their dreams. What more could you ask for?
Numerous athletes were at the party, I hadn´t seen Stefan Glowacz for a long time, I enjoyed catching up. Snowboarders, Skateboardes, Motorsport guys, also the Salzburg soccer team was there. I had no idea that they had so many Brazilian players and I hugely enjoyed training my Portuguese language skills by talking to Rodnei and André for a while. Nice guys, I have to come to see one of their matches soon. 











Keine Kommentare: