20 Juni 2007

3. Durchgang Vor-EM

Yesterday we had to endure a strong shower on takeoff, before it cleared and the task was finally set. 102km around four turnpoints with goal in Villach at Ossiacher See. And again, more than 60 pilots made goal! #
I made a beginners mistake and crossed too low back to Radlberger Alm in the shadow, shortly after i was grounded... a bit disappointing, but hey, better now than next year in the "real" one. Yes I must admit that the huge gaggles frighten me, there are just too many pilots here. We should have a cut after today (even though it might take me out of the comp;).
At least Natalia (Russia) made goal, she was the only woman there and is now leading our field of 9 women. Good on her! Overall Oleg (Ukraine) took over the lead, we still have Oli in the top ten and obtain the 3rd place in the team ranking.
Keep your fingers crossed for today, it will be slower than the days before, as very warm tropical air moves in.
Sorry, no pictures today... Its difficult to find a wireless connection in this part of Austria, the only internet cafe closes at 6pm already, so I cant work from my own computer.

Keine Kommentare: