20 Februar 2022

Free Flying: Aerial Athletes Camp in Argentina!

 

Winter and covid time has been way too long for my traveller´s heart, so when I got a short notice invitation to join the Red Bull aerial athletes performance camp at Andy Hediger´s AeroAtelier in La Cumbre, Argentina, I was on my way in no time! Since Guido told me about that magical place about a 9 hour drive inland from Buenos Aires, I had always wanted to visit our great visionary friend and his crew. Now was my chance to meet with some of the finest international air athletes one could dream of!

And as Andy said - this is about sharing our experience, and the chance to look into the other air sports and learn to fly all different sorts of wings! I was totally inspired by everybody´s skill and modesty. None of us needed to post any achievements, cause we all are top in our tiny niche, but curious beginners and happy to learn from each other. Skydiving, Wings Suit flying, Basejumping, Paragliding acro and de-bagging, hang gliding, Extra300 aerobatics, Alpha training flights, helicopter flights, plus yoga or circuit training lessons in the morning. In great, warm summer weather, with the most warmhearted crew you can imagine, looking after all of us like we were family! 

It was a physical and mental reset for me, something I had been looking for without knowing it. Being free again, traveling with friends to places I´ve never seen before, being able to fly, learn, play, instruct others, share incredible moments, imagine new projects, party, just be me. 

Then my personal highlight - I summoned the condors, and they happily flew with me in many thermals at Cuchi Corral!!! The biggest wing span of a bird I every flew with, yet so relaxed, peaceful and graceful! 

Sorry that I didn´t have time yet to put this whole air adventure into words and pics, I´ve been busy to fit it in between work flights, but I promise I will write a nice article in German and English for the magazines for you!






Keine Kommentare: