28 Mai 2022

After 3 tasks - Ploner in the lead

Results Class 1 Results Rigid Wings DHV Page

Despite very low base, a strong wind and a poor forecast, it paid out to stay positive yesterday. We managed to take off safely into a small 45km task. Nobody made goal, Primoz won the day with 23km distance. 

After a great take off and a very slow start, I was stoked that I managed to fly the 5th furthest distance, despite my weight disadvantage and the excruciating headwind towards the first turnpoint. Slowly things start looking a bit brighter, after I had made two major mistakes in the first two tasks. 

On the second day, I managed to get to goal at a time which would have put me into 12th or 13th place of the day, had I not put in the wrong turn point radius of the very last point and flown 8 kms more than I needed to, including two large valley crossings in quite some wind... whatever, I was happy about a nice landing in turbulent conditions at goal, and promised not to ever do that mistake again! I was happy anyway to celebrate with my friends at goal. 

There is a nice large tent in the landing area where people can buy food and drinks, and due to the great media work - TV has reported every day on the German Open - we had a lot of spectators at goal every day too! Now we just need one last, nice task today with lots of pilots in goal and a great party tonight. 

Awards are tomorrow.










Keine Kommentare: